A wide range of winter activities
Tobogganing, ice skating, horse-drawn sleigh rides etc. on a winter holiday in Radstadt
Fun for the whole family – tobogganing and sledging
Tobogganing is great fun. Grab some sledges and your family and head off to the longest toboggan run in the Salzburger Sportwelt. On the 8-seater cable car you easily reach an altitude of 1,557 m. Here at the rustic mountain hut you have the opportunity to fortify yourself before whizzing back down to the valley. Twice a week the toboggan run is floodlit – a special experience with a fabulous view of Radstadt.
- Toboggan run Königslehen in Radstadt 6 km in length and 730 m altitude difference: longest floodlit toboggan run in the Salzburger Sporwelt, comfortable journey up on the cable car, mountain hut for refreshments open daily, during the day free with the Amadé lift pass, Tuesdays and Friday floodlit toboggan run just a few minutes drive from the Taxerhof.
- Toboggan run Gnadenalm in Obertauern
Ski tours, snowshoe & winter walks – on a journey of discovery in the region
Step into the snowy mountain landscape, head towards the peaks and savour the magical winter wonderland in Salzburger Land. Here, far away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, mountain lovers will be in their element. On skis or snowshoes, explore the extensive alpine area around Radstadt and marvel at the splendid panoramic views. You’ll have great fun on winter walks with the whole family – including excluding snowball fights.
- Tour routes for beginners and exprienced around Radstadt
- Demanding tours in Obertauern
- Ascents with fabulous panoramic views and descents over spring snow slopes
- Snowshoe trails in the region around Radstadt in Salzburger Land
- Marked winter footpaths in Radstadt
- Snowshoe and winter walks directly from the 4 star Hotel Taxerhof
Ice skating & curling at the Radstadt sports centre in Salzburger Land
In fine weather enjoy a pleasant winter afternoon on the ice. Visit the natural ice rink at the sports centre in Radstadt with family or friends. It’s lovely twirling around on the glistening ice. You can leave your skates at home, as you can rent skates for adults and children on site. Have fun with others and enjoy a game of Austrian curling on the rink near the sports centre. The locals are happy to explain the rules and you’ll soon learn why this people’s sport is so popular in alpine regions.
- Natural ice skating rink at the sports centre in Radstadt
Ice skate rental on site
Reductions for groups
- Curling rink also at the sports centre
- Just 5 minutes drive from the hotel
Horse-drawn sleigh rides & winter horse-riding through snowy Radstadt
Whether trotting, galopping or in unison in front of a sleigh – explore the region around Radstadt in Salzburger Land on horseback or snugly wrapped in a warm blanket in a horse-drawn sleigh. From the Gut Weißenhof in Radstadt an official winter bridle path leads via Altenmarkt to Neuhäusl towards Zauchensee. Horse-drawn sleighs, which were used in days gone by to transport wood and hay, are very popular with guests today. Surrounded by the calming sound of trotting hooves, wrapped up warmly you can savour the snowy countryside around Radstadt. …and maybe it’ll even start to snow – pure winter magic.
- Winter bridle path from Radstadt via Altenmarkt towards Zauchensee
(1 circular tour – approx. 10 km)
- Indoor riding arena at the Gut Weissenhof in Radstadt
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides: pick-up service right by the hotel
- We are pleased to help with organisation
Therme Amadé Spa in Altenmarkt – relaxation, adventure & action
Dip into pleasantly warm water and savour a wonderful feeling of relaxation spread through your body. Or gather all your courage together and whizz down the looping waterslide or the black hole waterslide. The Therme Amadé Spa in Altenmarkt makes a nice change to your sporting activities outdoors in the snowy countryside and offers something for everyone – salt water pools, wave pool, extensive sauna area, waterslides… come and see for yourself.
- Therme Amadé in Altenmarkt covering a total of 30,000 m²
- Indoor and outdoor relaxation pools enriched with salt from Bad Ischl
- Separate sauna area with themed saunas, hamam made of Sölk marble, steam grotto, salt relaxation room, massages
- One and only looping waterslide with rocket start in Austria
- Black hole waterslide, wave pool, sports pool, toddlers' pool
- Open all year round whatever the weather
- Therme Amadé is situated 8 km from the Taxerhof